Monday, December 6, 2010

Professional Photog in the making

I have always wanted a nice camera (and had a vivid fantasy life where I take award winning National Geographic quality pictures), and living in Asia, where everyone and their brother (and teenagers) has these massive crazy cameras was giving me a major case of camera envy. Luckily for me, Santa came early in Singapore, and I finally got a very super cool DSLR camera.
I am ecstatic, and have a LOT to learn. After spending days reading books and manuals I decided that perhaps a class was in order and will hopefully be taking a weekend of DSLR for Idiots in January. Until then however, I am on my own. 

You may have noticed the pictures in the last few posts have improved in quality... this camera means business. Even without training this thing is putting my point and shoot to shame. And nothing like having to learn how to use a new toy to inspire you to get out and start taking pictures! So prepare yourself for a floooood of pictures taken on my new baby!









So they are not award winning yet, but its been a lot of fun and I cannot wait to learn how to do cool things! 


No comments:

Post a Comment