Friday, December 24, 2010

Fun in Fort Collins

If I said I was having a BLAST in Fort Collins, it would be an understatement. I am love love loving every second of being home. I have caught up with some wonderful friends that I rarely get to see, I have taken in the sights of my beautiful home town and I have been spending a lot of quality time with my Mom and Grandma- perfect holiday so far. And there is more Colorado fun to be had and lots of NY/NJ fun coming up. We SO needed this time at home. Dave is happily snoring on the couch downstairs but I am having a wee bit of trouble with jet leg, so I am wide awake and happily sorting through the hundreds of pictures I have been taking. Here are some of the highlights of our last few days....
Took a walk around the neighborhood with my Mom- loved all the pretty trees but my time in balmy Singapore has slaughtered my tolerance for the cold and I was nearly frozen solid by the time we got back the house. As a near-native Coloradoan, I am ashamed of myself. 
Love love love Aspen trees. 
Nothing makes me think of Colorado more than a lovely Aspen tree, preferably in full golden bloom.

From my Mom's tree. She did a fab job with the decorations, more pictures to come later. 

Dave has spent much of his time in this position- 
sleeping with remote in hand and sports on the TV = happy husband. 

Grandma's special homemade Mac'n Cheese- made by Mom. Delish! 
 A Fort Collins classic- free beers in the afternoon at New Belgium. 
If you have never had a Fat Tire, you are missing out on something great. 
Northface fleece- check
Beanie- check
New Belgium- check
I think I am sufficiently Fort Collins-ed in this picture. 

A beautiful sight- a bounty of microbrew on tap. 
Candycane Martini night. 

The bartender in action. 

Ho ho ho. 





No comments:

Post a Comment