Saturday, September 4, 2010

A BIG thank you from Singapore to Maryland!

THANK YOU!!!!

Check out this bounty of American goodies!

When I came back from Aus, I was greeted at the door with a surprise box from the US! There is nothing better than a surprise care package!!!

When I opened it I found an amazing assortment of my favvvvvvorite American treats! There were tastykakes, sourpatch kids, swedish fish, jelly beans, chocolate chip cookies, and, among other things..... mexican rice and taco bell sauce! 

Thats right, they sent me Taco Bell sauce. 

Now this may seem odd to you, but to me it is true love. 

Very few people know me well enough to know that  what I have *really* been missing is Taco Bell. I am not ashamed to admit that I love Taco Bell, specifically the tasty goodness that comes in those fabulous little sauce packets. In college, my roommate J and I would drive from Pennsylvania to Maryland to get our fix of hot sauce, and would, like the petty criminals we are, steal mountains of hot sauce to bring home. Now her fascination with hot sauce is not nearly as intense as mine, but we could both be found during our college years adding Taco Bell goodness to our meals cooked on Mummasburg Street. 

The first thing I did when I opened the box was rip in to the mexican rice bag, cook it up, and eat it smothered in a generous amount of Taco Bell sauce. God bless America. 

So a BIG thank you to J and her Mom and Dad, P&P, for the WONDERFUL care package. 
You guys are the greatest and I miss you like crazy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment