Thursday, May 5, 2011

Down Under Road Trip- Day 2

So after a rather uneventful night in a not-so-fantastic road-side hotel in a random town which we picked off the map and crossed our fingers there would be a vacancy (more on hotel drama coming up!), and our first stop of the day was the very awesomely named Woolgoolga. Dave, who struggles with cooky Australian words, decided instead to call it Wicked-googly. And it was wicked, wicked awesome, that is! 

Checking out the beach front. Not the most beautiful beach we saw the whole trip, but it was cute, and the sun was shining, so no complaints. 
Waiting to eat the BEST BRUNCH ever. Seriously, it was delicious.
Dave played in safe and went with Eggs Benedict, as per usual. I was feeling a bit more risky, and went with the corn fritter breakfast stack- and I totally won the ordering contest. It. was. to. die. for!
I wish I had taken a picture, but I was really too busy stuffing it in my face and raving about how good it was. But imagine tasty corn fritters, avocado, bacon, chili sauce- may sound odd- but OMG- it was unbelievable. So glad I made an exception to my no-carbs rule, because it was WORTH IT. 

Next stop, the beach for some gentle walking to work off a few of the billion calories we just consumed. 

After some beach time, we headed off to the "scenic overlook" for some more sightseeing and some additional exercise. 
That little spot there is Dave. 
Such an amazing blue sky right? 


Taking a break and enjoying the sound of the waves crashing in to the rocks below. 
Apparently this is an amazing spot to watch the migration of the humpback wales from Antarctica to North Australian waters, but we were about a month too soon, so there were zero whales to be spotted. But I can imagine its a pretty awesome sight. 

Dave was a little concerned about my pose here, but despite all evidence to the contrary, I am quite coordinated and was at no risk of falling to my immediate death on the rocks 2 stories below. (I promise Mom, it was totally safe). I did however decide against doing my yoga-pose picture on the edge here, cause the wind was pretty strong and I risked converting my bow-pose in to an american-falling-off-a-cliff-pose. 

Taking a break. 

This is the BIG Banana. Which, as far as we can tell is the ONLY tourist sight in Coffs Harbour, Australia.
So we drove by, drove in, took a picture, and then kept on moving down the road. 

More next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment