Thursday, May 12, 2011

Bondi Beach- Part 2

The Bondi-to-Bronte clifftop walk...was, much like the rest of our trip, AMAZING. The beaches were so beautiful, it was nice to get some exercise, and we loved watching the crazy surfers. 
The remarkable Bondi Icebergs Club. How cool are these ocean pools? The waves were really going nuts this day, so practically every other wave crashed up over the walls of the pools. Apparently being a member here requires that you swim a certain amount of times in the pools in the cold of winter....brrrr! 

Brave souls getting their laps in on a cold fall day. 

Taking in the view (and probably catching our breath- this gentle walk involved a fair amount of hills!)
Gorgeous! I believe this is Tamarama in the front and Bronte in the background. 

Still carrying my Lulu bag = a good man. 

Evidence of my little accident on the wet cliffs....
I wanted to sit and watch the surfers for a little while. Dave, very reasonably suggested that we sit on the edge of the walkway...but oh no, I wanted to go farther out on the cliffside to get a better view... but I didn't even make it one step before I slipped in the fresh mud and nearly did the splits trying to save the camera. I am happy to report that the camera, my jeans and my groin survived. My dignity was the only real victim here. Only I can manage to slip and fall in mud, on a totally paved hiking path. 

Yup, that's how I felt about that. 
Walking around covered in mud for the rest of the day was pretty awesome. 

We had been watching a lot of surfers...but mainly the small-wave kind. But at Tamarama, we found a group with pretty impressive skills. This guy was particularly amazing to watch. 



Sigh. We had such a good time in Bondi. Its just so lovely, I could be a happy woman living there. After we left the beach walk, we tried to take a "short cut" back through town, which involved some reallllly serious hills...and....well, we failed. So ended up back on the path, back to Bondi, and when we were cold and tired enough, back to the hotel. Great day had by all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment