Friday, March 11, 2011

Sumatra Preview

It has been one seriously busy week. I actually cannot believe I am still awake right now- especially considering my 8am golf lesson tomorrow- but this is what happens when you haven't done laundry in like weeks and cannot go to your golf lesson unless you procure clean golf clothes, sigh. So while Dave checks in on the status of the world via BBC- I will give you a little preview of my recent work trip through the jungles of Sumatra.

No really, I actually got sent deep inside rural Sumatra... for work. It was.... well.... scary/interesting/hot/stinky/bumpy/dirty/awkard/did I mention stinky? It was reallllly stinky. Above all else, it was certainly not your normal business trip. I cannot wait to get back to NYC and when everyone is telling their war stories of bad diligence trips to Cleveland- I can whip out the trump card and discuss my adventures in 3rd world country site visits. Boo-yah. Instant win. While I previously thought that getting sent to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan in the middle of February was not only bad luck but also possibly the worst business trip ever, I am pretty sure that 3 days in the jungle and suffering through multiple forms of developing-nation-transportation tops even sub-zero temperatures in northern Canada in the middle of winter.  Man, who knew being a corporate lawyer could be so adventurous?

I'll give you some of the details of what exactly I was doing tramping around in the jungle, but for now, some pictures of the highlights.....

Welcome to my life for two days. Dirt roads and palm trees. 

Jakarta at sunset. 

Hello Grasshopper. 

Do you know what these guys are? 
A rubber tree! 

Sleeping on a bike! 

More tomorrow- after some much needed sleep! 

No comments:

Post a Comment