Saturday, March 19, 2011

HSBC Women's Champions Golf Tourny

I got so behind on posts for a while that I almost totally forgot about this event! But since it was such a good time, we will take a step back and post some pictures from our big day at Tanah Merah Golf Course!

After my first experience with golf tournaments last year on Sentosa- I was pumped to go to another one- and this time a ladies tournament. Dave was admittedly less pumped about seeing Michelle Wie than he was about Phil Mickelson, but he was a good sport and we had a pretty fun day in the sun. And we were super lucky that one of our fabulous friends C. works at a fancy hotel in Singapore and so kindly got us super clubhouse access tickets for the weekend. Chilling at the air conditioned club house was certainly a great way to spend a very hot Saturday afternoon.
View from the clubhouse. Pretty nice golf course! 

In addition to their actually being a real golf tournament happening (it would have been actually easy to overlook that fact given the other entertainment options) there was also this super cool interactive village set up for the fans. We did the putting challenge above- which we are pretty sure was impossible, although Dave came very  close (me, not so much)...
And free 5 minute golf lessons where you go to swing in to this neat inflatable cage. I am thinking one of these things would be awesome at the beach house! 

After playing around in the fan village, it was time to go see some real golf, and find Michelle Wie. 

It is pretty amazing to see the professionals hit. I'd like to think I picked up a few tips, but what I really was thinking is "their outfits are so cute... must get cuter golf clothes" 

Too bad I started using the umbrella-method a little to late in the day and ended up with a vicious sunburn. Not only was I bright red, but I had some pretty ridiculous looking tan lines from the tank- top and lanyard combination. Ugh. Aloe please! 

Men in funny pants crossing! 

Well hello Paula Creamer. 


I am thinking it was pretty hot inside the golf ball costumes. 
We had see enough golf for the day and headed back to the fan village to play some more games. 

Golf simulators- I was pretty excited that I have made enough progress in my lessons to play one of theses! 

Who loves ladies golf? This guy! 


I never thought I would be the kind of person that likes golf tournaments, because I have spent a lot of my life rolling my eyes and whining when family members want to watch tournaments on TV... but being there is actually a lot of fun! Its nice to be outside, its fun to watch professional athletes doing their thing and the ice cold beer on a sunny day is pretty nice too. It also gives me a little inspiration to try a bit harder in my golf lessons- I am certainly never going to be a professional, but I'd like to look half as good as these girls do swinging a club. 

No comments:

Post a Comment