Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Agra Fort

So I know I spent a lot of time gushing forth pictures of the Taj Mahal, and trust me, I was holding back- there are only a few hundred more that I could have made you suffer through, but as it turns out, the Taj is not the only stunning thing to see in Agra. After the photo-taking extravaganza that was the Taj tour, we headed to the Agra Fort to spend our final fleeting hours in Agra doing some more exploring.

The Agra Fort was of course lovely, but we had already had a LONG day and after the excitement of the Taj Mahal visit, we may have been a little over-touristed by the time we got here. 



This picture is dedicated to Dave's Uncle Hal and Aunt Katie, who are bird watchers. We kept seeing these cool green birds ALL over Delhi and Agra, but couldn't manage to get a good picture of one! I loved them- the shocking neon green rocks! We will wait for Hal to let us know what kind of bird it is! 



View of the Taj from the Fort. 

Our tour guide had not lost his enthusiasm for posed pictures, but our attention was waning at this point- we indulged him in one last tourist snap.  
With our friend P. 
After a lovely day we were back to the train station for another adventure in Indian rail travel. This one, despite taking less than 6 hours to get home, went remarkably worse than the first trip and I am not proud to admit, also involved a few tears. But the mean man wouldn't get out of my seat and I was REALLY tired- so the tears were justified. 
And, for good measure, a monkey picture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment