Saturday, July 10, 2010

Elephants!

OK- it may be a little childish- but I LOVE elephants- love them. And its not often in the US that you get a chance to ride one around in the jungle- so when I saw adverts for exactly that opportunity in Krabi- I knew I had to do it. Its fair to say that Dave and Ben were a little bit less enthusiastic about the adventure than I was- but it was my birthday, and dammnit, if I wanted to ride elephants- we were going to.

Here are the elephants getting all saddled up with the special chairs for us tourists. It was amazing- the elephants all but saddled themselves, smart animals.

Ben getting settled on his elephant. 

Elephant butt. 

We managed a little mid-elephant ride camera switch so we wouldn't just have 100 pictures of Ben and his elephant's rear end. Unfortunately, it is difficult to take a steady picture on a moving pachyderm, so Ben's shots of us are a little wobbly.
If I look anxious here its either that I don't trust Ben with my camera (likely) or my clever elephant has its sights on running my legs straight in to a tree or bush while it takes a leisurely scratch. These elephants looooved their scratches on nearby trees, rocks, anything- it was pretty funny. But hey- if my skin looked like that I would be itchy too! 

Or snacks, they stopped for those too. 

At the end of the ride, the elephants were rewarded for their efforts with some tasty pineapple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment