Saturday, January 22, 2011

Chinese New Year at the Office


Chinese New Year fever has hit my office. The fervor with which they have decorated the office makes me think that the sort of weak Christmas decorations we had was just a dress rehearsal for the main event. I think all of the CNY traditions are pretty cool. Every business in town is decked out in red and displaying the oh so ubiquitous orange tree. I have to admit that I know very little about the holiday but its been learn a bit and excited to try to take in some of the festivities in the next few weeks. 

I particularly like these little hats- which are everywhere and in every fashion, from illuminated to edible. Wikipedia has failed me in finding an explanation for the hats so I will have to remember to ask my Secretary on Monday. 
This is our dragon friend. He has recently been joined by another dragon friend. I am telling you, every day I walk in the office there is a new decoration. Either the secretaries are going a little overboard or in honor of the upcoming year of the Rabbit, the Dragons are getting busy overnight. 




No comments:

Post a Comment