Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Singapore Open @ Sentosa

We just got back from a day at the Singapore Open at the Sentosa Golf Club- and it was such a good time! 
Dave- getting pumped to see Phil in action. 

Having never been to a golf tournament before, I wasn't so sure what to expect, and was a little worried about sitting out in the sun all day, but it turned out to be a lot of fun- and we even met Phil Mickelson! I'll leave it to Dave to make intelligent commentary about the golf, because my observations are limited to "man, they are good" and "holy cow they hit the ball hard." So this will be mainly pictorial. 

The leader board.

Mickelson not having such a good day on Day 3. 

Love. his. pants. His name is something Nordic- but we called him "Pants"

The leaders- Scott and Poulter




This guy (Johan Edfors) gave me his ball =)


Preppy. 

Welcome to the 9th hole Phil Mickelson!



My new hat- autographed by Phil.
That's right. Me and all the 8 year olds eagerly waited for Phil to come by and say hello.
To be honest, he was really really great with the fans. He saw me with a hat at the side, and said "I'll sign it after I sign my card" and true to his word- he came back out and signed my hat, and signed lots of autographs for quite a long time. He was really friendly and very generous with his time. A+ to Phil for being a good guy. 

Dave got jealous of my hat and decided to get in the action himself. This is Phil actually signing his hat!

New desk decoration for Dave. 


Golf watching on a hot day is better enjoyed with a beer in hand. 


Hitting out of a bunker. 


We ran in to Pants again!

Kang- in 3rd place. 

Graeme- in 4th place. 


Sizing up the 18th green. 


Scott taking his final put of the day- ended up in first place. 
And waiting out the traffic with a beer in the bar tent. 
An excellent day was had by all. 







No comments:

Post a Comment