Saturday, August 21, 2010

Home Sweet Home

And no, I do not mean our apartment.


I have realized that before a few weekends ago I had never really bothered to take pictures of Raffles Place. I guess its totally normal not to take pictures of the place you work day-in and day-out- I am pretty familiar with what it looks like. But as I "patiently" waited for my husband to exit his office on a recent Saturday afternoon, I decided that Raffles really isn't so bad (this is probably because I was not the one who was in the office on the weekend and was experiencing some sort of temporary good-workout-related delusion euphoria) and thought I would send some pics of the C.B.D.


So this is Raffles Place. Its basically one large pedestrian plaza rimmed by massive office buildings. What is cool about it is not only that traffic is diverted around the plaza but that each building typically has their own mini mall in the ground floors and basements, which, although a wee bit depressing, makes it all together possible to never have to leave. Also, there is a whole subterranean world under the plaza that connects each building (and their mini-malls to the MRT). I can make it to my office from the MRT and from my office to most of my favorite lunch spots with out ever having to go outside, which is convenient given the monsoonish weather we have been having recently. 

Those are some tall buildings. 

Dave's office building in the background. 

My office building, second back on the left. Its quite drab and ugly, so no further pictures are warranted. "They" say we will be moving in to a brand new building in the new year and leaving the 1970s behind us, but I am not holding my breath. At least its in a good location.....

The palm trees are a nice touch. Singapore is nothing if not lush. 
My gym is on the 14th floor of the lovely tall building behind the tree. Is it weird that there is a three story gym in the middle of an office building? Not in Singapore. It was originally a bit uncomfortable to be riding the elevator in the morning in my grubby gym clothes with people going to work dressed like normal adults, but I am over it. 

View of the Sands from Raffles. I cannot help it, I love the spaceship! 

No comments:

Post a Comment