Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Singapore: Part I

Singapore has reached the ripe old age of 45. Its a bit strange that my Mom is older than the country I live in temporarily reside in. (Sorry Mom, I know you're really still 21). But if there is one thing Singapore likes it is... well... itself. There were some pretty impressive displays of nationalism abounding in the past month.
This is the HDB building across from our condo. 

Lots of little red flags flying. 

Hard to see- but flags everywhere!

Everywhere you looked there is Singapore spirit. A whole army of people have been working round the clock to make sure all the flare was in place. Now the real test is going to be how quickly it comes down. I have a feeling that it might be like my house growing up. There was lots of spirit and enthusiasm for decorating the Christmas tree... but every year February would roll around and we would have to either take it down or start calling it the Valentines day tree. You know what I mean. Although Singapore is pretty efficient so it was suggested they probably just fine people until they take it all down.






No comments:

Post a Comment